Monday, December 28, 2009

I haven't been keeping up with my blog because since Seth hit 7 months his activity level has taken off. While he takes a lot more energy and time to entertain he has also become a lot more fun to hang around with.
OH, what a dirty secret I exposed there. My baby was boring. Life was kinda dull with a new baby. There wasn't a whole lot to "love" about the experience. How often have you heard people exclaim, "I just love babies"? Well when I first had Seth I couldn't understand that sentiment. What is there to love? Seth cried a lot, he drooled a lot, and he laid around a lot (Well besides being my own son, of course I love my son, blah, blah). But he wasn't fun to hang out with. He didn't take much interest in toys. I could only sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" so often and if it weren't for my get togethers with my friends I don't know what I would of done. Being a mommy just wasn't so yummy.

But than almost over night, once Seth hit 7 months he became a whole lot more interesting. He was engaging. He began to play with his toys and me. He laughed when you tickled him, blew bubbles, and shouted out in joy. Now I got what people meant by "loving babies".
Yes newborns are cute and snugly, but once they grow a few older by a few months and their personalities begin to shine there is a lot to love about spending time with them.

Sadly, I return to work in a couple of weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment