Friday, November 27, 2009

oink, oink

First off to address my husband's last post. While I may have called him a jerk, (when he acts like one of course), and I have called him stupid, I have never used the two words together. I also won't lower myself to type out some of the choice phrases he uses when referring to me.

Well to continue where I left off.

Soon after I wrote my last post I was getting ready to go out for the day with some friends shopping out of town. I woke up early to ensure I had time to blow dry my hair and apply a little makeup. I dressed for the day and fed Seth, However, while feeding him he proceeded to pull on my shirt. By the time he was done the bottle my shirt was completely unwearable. So I went upstairs quickly to change. Quickly did not happen.

I started to go through my closet. First I pulled those shirts that I thought fit me pretty well. However, upon closer inspection they all had stains. Combination of breast milk, formula, and spit up. Than I pulled out some older selections from pre-baby wardrobe. However, most of these did not fit quite like they use too. All they seemed to accomplish was to accent my newly acquired mommy tummy.

By this time I had grown extremely frustrated. The mound of clothes on my bed mounted and I was beging to believe I was going to have to cancel on the outing for lack of anything to wear. I was at my breaking point....

Meanwhile, Seth was planning with a toy on the floor, and than I heard it. While this mechanical toy goes from A-Z somehow my son managed to get the toy stuck on the P, or Pig, or as I heard it oink, oink, oink, repeating over and over and over again. I broke down into tears. I couldn't have said it better my self. Oink, Oink.

Eventually I pulled myself together, threw on some standard, boring, ill fitting outfit and left the house late. Any signs that I had actually spent time that morning doing my hair had vanished with the many shirt changes, and the little bit of makeup I was wearing wasn't enough to make me feel put together. I wonder if I ever will feel that way again.

1 comment:

  1. That is rough. If it helps, I've been through that too!! I think you deserve a few NEW shirts...stain free and that fit and make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete